Royal Mail treating strength and feeling of Chatteris people with contempt
I WOULD like to express my concern with the way the people of Chatteris are being treated over the attempt to move the Sorting Office in Chatteris to March.
The strength of feeling and very high attendance shown at the recent meeting is being treated with contempt by the decision makers at Royal Mail.
Chatteris needs this facility to remain in the town, least of all the people without transport. With the bus situation recently cut back, it will mean a whole morning plus or afternoon to travel for some people just to collect mail.
To me the economics of the move do not add up and with plans set in place to further develop Chatteris, with the increase in the population Chatteris requires more services, not less.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage