A royal celebration in Wisbech as crowds watch Prince Harry and Meghan Markle tie the knot
- Credit: Archant
It was flags and bunting at the ready as Wisbech celebrated the royal wedding in style.
Around 200 people from groups across the town attended the event held by the Lions, Rotary, Tesco at the Queen Mary Centre.
Dozens turned out in their best frocks to be part of the magical occasion and watch on the big screen.
Maggie Barwell said: “The indoor style street party saw the hall festooned with balloons, fabulous afternoons tea, crafts and entertainment from Steve Sausage.
“But the room hushed for the arrival of the bride being viewed on the big screen.”
You may also want to watch:
The Lions Club of Wisbech was chartered in 1972, with its aim to help less fortunate people within the Wisbech area.
The event was also supported by new Mayor and Mayoress councillor Peter Human and Janet Tanfield.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
It was reported that almost 18 million Britons tuned into watch Meghan Markle marry Prince Harry at St George’s Chapel in Windsor on Saturday.