RSPB Lakenheath holding Big Wild Sleepout
- Credit: Archant
A nature reserve is offering the chance for visitors to camp under the stars.
RSPB Lakenheath Fen is holding Big Wild Sleepout events on Friday, June 20 and Saturday, June 21 at 7.30pm.
The event is part of the RSPB’s national Big Wild Sleepout, from June 16-22, which aims to encourage people to spend a night under the stars to find out which creatures they share their homes with and raise money to help protect them.
The event will coincide with Lakenheath Fen’s “longest day bioblitz” that will take place on the reserve on the Saturday, which will include a 4am dawn walk and a dusk walk that ends at about 11pm.
Bird highlights will include bitterns, marsh harriers and cuckoos, while other events, including a guided walk dedicated to dragonflies, will focus on insects.
You may also want to watch:
David White, communications officer, said: “This event offers a fantastic opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the reserve. “Why not come and experience the sights and sounds of Lakenheath Fen at both dusk and dawn?
“The bioblitz event is also a fantastic opportunity to discover and celebrate the fantastic range of species that call the reserve home. Why not come along and take part? ”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
Adults £25 Children £12.50 (Non-Members) Adults £12.50 Children £10 (Members).
Price for camping two nights: Adult £40 Children £20 (Non-Members) Adults £32 Children £16 (Members)
Places are limited so book early to avoid disappointment.
You can book via: www.wegottickets.com/lakenheath or at 01842 863400 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the full itinerary, go to www.rspb.org.uk/lakenheathfen