RSPCA fund raisers look for a Wisbech retailer to help collect donated Easter eggs
- Credit: Archant
FUND raisers are gearing up for two Easter Fun Days in support of the RSPCA Block Fen animal centre - and are looking for a friendly retailer in Wisbech to act as a collection point for donated Easter eggs.
Volunteer Derek Fitch said: “We would be very grateful if a shop in Wisbech would help us, so supporters can hand over eggs to be used for prizes at our fund raising weekend.
“We would be grateful to receive eggs of any shape or size. They can also be taken directly to Block Fen, or handed in to the RSPCA charity shop in March.”
The fund raising events will be held at Block Fen near Wimblington on Easter Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday, March 31 and April 1, between 11am and 4pm.
Derek added: “We will be holding an Easter bonnet competition for adults and children, an Easter egg hunt, and there will be a bouncy castle and face painting on offer.
You may also want to watch:
“We need to raise as much money as possible, to support the marvellous work done at Block Fen. Last year they re-homed 353 dogs, a similar number of cats, and 150 rabbits.”
Any Wisbech retailer who can act as a central collection point for donated Easter eggs should contact Mr Fitch on 01945 480789.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told