Fenland Running Club keeps active during lockdown with name challenge
- Credit: Archant
Athletes across the Fens are doing their part to keep themselves active during the coronavirus pandemic, and members from Fenland Running Club are some of those.
The club accepted the challenge from March Athletic Club to spell out the club name using either their Strava or Garmin running apps.
Eighteen members jumped at the chance to take part, where they were assigned a letter to run or walk as part of their daily exercise.
Although it was easier said than done, the letters began to appear, but due to technical issues, it took slightly longer than expected. However, good things come to those who wait.
Fenland Running Club has now passed the challenge onto members of the Greater Peterborough Athletics Network.
You may also want to watch:
Club members will take part in a virtual weekend relay this week to raise money for mental health charity, Mind.
- 1 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 2 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 3 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept