Fenland Running Club keeps active during lockdown with name challenge
- Credit: Archant
Athletes across the Fens are doing their part to keep themselves active during the coronavirus pandemic, and members from Fenland Running Club are some of those.
The club accepted the challenge from March Athletic Club to spell out the club name using either their Strava or Garmin running apps.
Eighteen members jumped at the chance to take part, where they were assigned a letter to run or walk as part of their daily exercise.
Although it was easier said than done, the letters began to appear, but due to technical issues, it took slightly longer than expected. However, good things come to those who wait.
Fenland Running Club has now passed the challenge onto members of the Greater Peterborough Athletics Network.
You may also want to watch:
Club members will take part in a virtual weekend relay this week to raise money for mental health charity, Mind.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 8 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 9 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 10 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal