Rural crime needs to be properly highlighted
When are we going to see something in your newspaper regarding the amount of rural crime?
Farmers in the area are suffering this problem on a daily basis and even though we live in a predominantly farming area neither your paper or the Fenland Citizen seem to think the appalling crime levels warrant any media coverage.
This is not a new problem, thieves have been running a mock for years and years in the fens and it just seems to be accepted.
It is about time farmers in the area were given some support.
I would like to see the rural crime figures for Cambridgeshire printed on the front of your paper.
You may also want to watch:
The benefits of reporting all our incidents makes the general public take a bit more notice of what is going on around them and we may be able to get some convictions.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack