Rural crime team find a vehicle using illegal fuel
- Credit: Archant
A team of officers joined forces to check vehicles in the Fens for using illegal fuel.
The Rural Crime Action Team RCAT and Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs HMRC found one non-farm vehicle using red diesel, which is only supposed to be used in farm machinery like tractors.
They also found one stolen trailer and dealt with multiple traffic offences in their combined day of action.
RCAT have a team of officers who are dedicated to combatting rural crime in the county.
The team was reformed in April 2016 following concerns from the local community.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said that they: “Combat issues including hare coursing and poaching, as well as using specialist knowledge to deal with other aspects of rural crime including plant/tractor theft, heritage crime, arson, wildlife crime and illegal raves.
“Raising awareness of crime prevention strategies is also a part of their role.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 7 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 8 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
The re-launch of RCAT was supported by the National Farmers Union, the Country Land and Business Association and Countryside Watch.
• To report an incident of rural crime please call 101 or 999 in an emergency. To contact the Rural Crime Action Team directly, please email RCAT@cambs.pnn.police.uk.