Russian assaulted and stabbed in Fenland home by up to 15 members of same gang
A MAN thought to be Russian was assaulted and stabbed last night by a group of 10-15 men who entered his Fenland home.
They are thought to have turned up in a convoy of cars before gaining entry to the home and carrying out their attack.
The 35 year-old victim suffered serious injuries and was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Kings Lynn for treatment.
A Polish neighbour who came to the man’s aid was also injured.
Today the house in Harecroft Road, Wisbech, was being treated as a major crime scene with forensics experts and police hunting for clues to the assailants.
You may also want to watch:
House to house inquiries were taking place as detectives tried to unravel more details of the assault.
Det Con Chris Smith was at the scene but offered no clues as to the motive for the assault. He said detectives had been able to pin point the time of the assault to between 9pm and 10pm.
- 1 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 2 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 3 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 4 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 5 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 6 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 7 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
Detective Inspector Lorraine Parker said: “A young family were in the house at the time of this incident and have been left very distressed.
“This appears to have been an isolated incident and not a random attack.
“We are keen to speak to anyone who saw a group of men in the area between 8pm and 10pm on Sunday.
“We will treat any information sensitively and in confidence. People can also provide information by calling Crimestoppers anonymously.”
It is believed the attackers arrived and left the scene in cars.
A passer by whose back garden borders the Harecroft House said they were unaware of what happened last night but at the time had heard “a lot of noise and commotion”.
Anyone with any information should call Fenland CID on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.