S&S Store celebrates after funding from bank allows expansion
- Credit: Archant
A husband-and-wife team who run a convenience store in Gorefield are celebrating after receiving funding from a local branch of NatWest which has allowed them to expand their store.
Tony Patel, and his wife Hemini, have run S&S convenience store on the High Road for over 11 years, but recently felt the time was right to add an extension which would increase their floor space by 50 per cent,
They approached Martin Brooks, relationship manager at NatWest in Peterborough for funding to enable them to extend and also to give the shop a complete overhaul.
With the extension, the couple hope to add between 20 to 25 per cent to their turnover this year and Mr and Mrs Patel see the expansion as a move towards being able to compete against larger supermarket chains.
S&S will be looking to take on two to three additional part-time employees as a result of the expansion, with a launch event expected to take place before Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Patel said: “We’re very pleased with the way the shop looks now and the feedback from our customers has been extremely positive. Martin from NatWest is amazing.”
Martin Brooks from NatWest added: “Community stores like these are a huge asset to a village and lie at the heart of daily life, so we’re delighted to have been able to help with funding.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages