Sad that UKIP candidates didn’t attend election count, but I look forward to working with them
I WISH to thank all of those people who voted for me in the recent Cambridgeshire County Council elections.
It has been a privilege to serve the people of March so far and I am grateful I have been given the opportunity to do so again.
I plan to demonstrate over the next four years my commitment, not only to the people who elected me but in all my work, to do the very best for the North Division, March town and Cambridgeshire.
It was sad to see so little evidence of UKIP at the count. I can only hope that, should their work commitment be a quarter that of their election promises, then they will serve their constituents well.
I look forward to seeing how we can work with them, as the people have spoken and so we must move forward.
You may also want to watch:
From a national point of view, it is obvious to anyone the issue of Europe is huge and needs to be addressed.
There are hard-working local-minded councillors from all parties, that have lost seats across the country to uninterested candidates, simply because Westminster stopped listening to the public.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
It will be interesting to see what the big parties do to address this issue.
CLLR STEVE COUNT