Sad to see Ron resign
BRAKESPEARE was saddened to learn this week of the resignation of Ron Butcher from both his Wisbech tenant s forum chairmanship and that of the Roddons Housing Association shadow board. The website of Fenland Council describes his role as providing a pow
BRAKESPEARE was saddened to learn this week of the resignation of Ron Butcher from both his Wisbech tenant's forum chairmanship and that of the Roddons Housing Association shadow board.
The website of Fenland Council describes his role as providing "a powerful tenant voice to bridge the gap between tenants and the council" but for now that voice will fall silent.
Mr Butcher told a colleague his health has become an issue and "there is only so much you can do." His bosses at Roddons spoke this week of their gratitude for the time and effort he expended as Fenland's council tenants opted for the move to a housing association.
Gone, then, he maybe but not forgotten as Roddons sets out to harmonise 4,000 Fenland homes into a workable association.
You may also want to watch:
"I can assure you if they set one foot out of line I will be back to you," he said.
- 1 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 9 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile