Sad to see Ron resign
BRAKESPEARE was saddened to learn this week of the resignation of Ron Butcher from both his Wisbech tenant s forum chairmanship and that of the Roddons Housing Association shadow board. The website of Fenland Council describes his role as providing a pow
BRAKESPEARE was saddened to learn this week of the resignation of Ron Butcher from both his Wisbech tenant's forum chairmanship and that of the Roddons Housing Association shadow board.
The website of Fenland Council describes his role as providing "a powerful tenant voice to bridge the gap between tenants and the council" but for now that voice will fall silent.
Mr Butcher told a colleague his health has become an issue and "there is only so much you can do." His bosses at Roddons spoke this week of their gratitude for the time and effort he expended as Fenland's council tenants opted for the move to a housing association.
Gone, then, he maybe but not forgotten as Roddons sets out to harmonise 4,000 Fenland homes into a workable association.
You may also want to watch:
"I can assure you if they set one foot out of line I will be back to you," he said.
- 1 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 2 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Organisers plan for low-key return of Chatteris Midsummer Festival
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 7 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 8 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 9 Salon owner grateful to be 'back doing what I love'
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital