Saddling up for Special Needs charities
FUND-raisers are saddling up for a charity horse ride over Fenland fields, to raise money for two special needs charities. It is the 12th time the Whittlesey Sponsored Horse Ride will take place at Fields End Bridge Farm, off the A605 at King s Dyke. The
FUND-raisers are saddling up for a charity horse ride over Fenland fields, to raise money for two special needs charities.
It is the 12th time the Whittlesey Sponsored Horse Ride will take place at Fields End Bridge Farm, off the A605 at King's Dyke.
The ride, on September 23, will raise money for the Heltwate Special Needs School in Bretton, Peterborough, for specialist outdoor play equipment, and for the charity Riding for the Disabled.
Whittlesey woman Bev Bradford is organising the event. Her nine-year-old daughter Naomi visits the Heltwate School every day as she has severe learning difficulties and speech and language difficulties.
You may also want to watch:
The longest ride will take people over 12 miles of gate-free off-road riding. Shorter rides are available and will be signposted.
The ride costs £13 for adults or £6 for under-16s. They take place between 10am-12.30pm and everyone taking part will receive a rosette.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 NFU president visits Wimblington on East Anglia tour
A raffle will also be held, and prizes awarded for the highest sponsored rider, oldest horse and youngest rider.
CONTACT: Mrs Bradford on 07704 870329 or email email@example.com.