Sadie shows ‘hats the way’ to raise cash for charity
- Credit: Archant
Sadie Johns proved if you want to get ahead get hat when it comes to fundraising.
The Elgood’s Brewery employee donned a variety of titfers on Friday for Wear a Hat Day to highlight Brain Tumour Awareness a cause close to her heart.
Ms Johns’ future sister-in-law and former Elgood’s employee Lucinda Knight was diagnosed with a tumour at the age of 22 in 2012.
At the time the family were shocked to learn that brain tumours kill more children and adults under the age of 40 than any other cancer.
Employees and visitors to Elgood’s happily sponsored Ms Johns to support the cause. By wearing 20 different hats throughout the day she managed to raise a total of £195.
You may also want to watch:
For details about the charity visit: www.braintumourresearch.org
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told