Safe and clean - Horsefair car park in Wisbech is the first in the Fens to be given a national award
The Horsefair Shopping Centre car park in Wisbech is the first in the Fens to be given a safer parking award.
It is given to parking facilities that pass a rigorous risk assessment conducted by the police and the British Parking Association.
The assessments include management and maintenance of the facility, ensuring there are appropriate levels of surveillance, lighting, signage and cleanliness.
These criteria are known to reduce the opportunity for crime and create a safer environment for the motorist and their vehicle.
Kevin Smith, centre manager of the Horsefair, said: “Safe and secure car parking is a necessity for shoppers so we are delighted that our car park has been recognised.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d like to praise our highly professional security and cleaning team for their hard work towards making our car park a safe and welcoming environment.”
Peter Gravells, British Parking Association area manager, said: “As part of the ongoing process required for the Safer Parking Scheme, the site will be assessed every two years with Dave Griffin the Cambridgeshire Police assessor, to ensure it continues to meet the scheme’s standards.”
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
Following renovations earlier this year the Horsefair Shopping Centre car park, run by Horizon Parking, offers 359 spaces of which 14 are designated accessible bays and 13 are designated parent and child bays.