Safety barriers set to be installed at Bedlam Bridge, near March
GROUND inspections have taken place at a Fenland bridge in preparation for the installation of new safety barriers.
Road safety campaigner Graham Chappell said Cambridgeshire County Council highways contractors, from Atkins, found no impediments to progressing with the work at Bedlam Bridge, near March.
Mr Chappell, who has headed the Fenland Road Safety Campaign, said barriers would be built on both sides of the bridge.
He also confirmed plans for presentations of a road safety education programme.
The 2Young2Die programme, launched by road safety charity BRAKE, will be presented by Mr Chappell at the next Fenland Youth District Council meeting on September 26.
You may also want to watch:
There will be further presentations in Fenland’s secondary schools during Road Safety Week in November. That week will culminate in another presentation and stall at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel Fayre on November 24-25.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover