Safety warning after March bonfire blaze

RESIDENTS were given a stark warning about the dangers of bonfires after a blaze in a field.

RESIDENTS were given a stark warning about the dangers of bonfires after a blaze in a field.

The bonfire was started close to a stubble field n Knights End Road, March at 12.15pm yesterday (Wednesday, July 28).

Fire fighters extinguished the flames but gave advice to residents afterwards about the dangers of bonfires spreading.

A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “There is always a risk of bonfires spreading if they have been started near flammable materials.


You may also want to watch:


“If a fire spreads to a field, it can very quickly become out of control.”

The cause of the blaze was accidental.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter