Gymnast Olympic superstar Sam Oldham visits Chatteris school to encourage children to get cooking
- Credit: Paul Marriott
Gymnast superstar Sam Oldham visited a Chatteris school in a bid to get children excited about fresh produce and cooking with their parents.
Glebelands Primary School welcomed the Olympic athlete as part of Aldi Chatteris’ community initiative, “Get Set to Eat Fresh”.
It encourages children aged 5-14 to develop a love for fresh, healthy food and get cooking with their families.
Sam took pupils on a journey through his career, from his extensive training regime to his healthy, nutritious diet, which gives him the energy to compete at a global level.
Aldi’s Bridge Street store also supplied generous amounts of refreshments at two local events, The Great Fen Celebration Day and Cambridge County Council Family Fun Day, helping families to keep cool while having fun in the sun.
You may also want to watch:
The Great Fen Celebration Day hosted activities such as needle felting and willow weaving, while the Cambridge County Council Family Fun Day had lots of fun activities on offer from face painting to fair rides for the children.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages