Santa Claus is coming to town, Santa Claus is coming to town, Santa Claus is coming to town
YOU’D better not laugh and you’d better not cry - because Santa Claus is coming to town for March’s first ever Santa Run later this year.
Dozens of Father Christmases will line up on the start line at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel at 11am on Sunday, November 25 to help raise money for East Anglia Children’s Hospices (EACH).
Organisers say it is not a race but are encouraging people to dress up as their favourite festive figure to walk, jog or run the two-mile course which is also suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs.
“We’re really excited about this new event in March,” EACH fundraiser Beccy Turner said.
Adult entry is �10 and includes a santa suit, although you can take part without a suit for �8.
Those taking part aged 13 and under are charged �5, which includes a santa hat.
Participants are encouraged to gather sponsorship money in aid of the charity.
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 7 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 8 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Church gets set for annual Christmas tree festival
Registration for the event opens on October 1 but, to register your interest, call 01223 205180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.