Santa floats his boat in March
- Credit: Archant
A possy of Santas took to the water for an annual festive river cruise into March.
Around 40 people enjoyed the event which sees owners who moor their boats at Floods Ferry Marina take a leisurely cruise into town to celebrate the festive season.
Organisers are Marina owners June and Mike Jones who said it had become a popular tradition to kick off the Christmas season.
Mrs Jones said: “As we go along the river in all our boats we pass people who wave and call out to us. It’s great fun and a really good atmosphere.
“One lady shouted out her thanks as she always looks forward to seeing all the Santas going past in their boats because it marks the start of Christmas for her.”
You may also want to watch:
The cruise ends at The Ship Inn in March where the boat owners enjoy a drink before heading back for a BBQ.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens