Santa makes an early visit for a waterside rally in March
- Credit: Archant
Christmas came early when a rally was held at the Middle Level Watermen’s Club Sutton Staithe and Skoulding’s Rest sites in March.
The event took the theme of Merry Christmas in May at March for the Association of Nene River Clubs 2015 rally.
It set the scene for family fun and revelry for associated clubs and individual members who all received warm welcomes at the opening ceremony from MLWC Commodore, Bill Barry and ANRC Captain, John Brown.
Activities included boat handling skills, senior and junior rowing, rope throwing and of course the chance to celebrate Christmas twice in one year with a themed fancy dress competition, a Christmas meal and the rally highlight event - the talent show.
Oundle Cruising Club, scored the most points of the five boating events and received the coveted Ruby Plate award from MLWC President, Bernard Keane.
You may also want to watch:
The rally came to a close with a rendition of Auld Lang Syne.
Commodore Bill Barry said, “This year’s rally has been a fantastic success for both the ANRC and our club as hosts and we have all thoroughly enjoyed the fun and laughter throughout.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash