Santa’s Suitcase: Time running out to help make it a Christmas to remember
CHRISTMAS is coming - and time’s running out to support the Anglia Co-operative Travel and Cambs Times’ Santa’s Suitcase appeal.
Generous travel customers at the March Branch and this paper’s readers have given toys galore to the appeal to help needy families in the area this Christmas.
But the appeal closes at 5pm on Saturday and we’re calling on you to dig deep and make one last push to support vulnerable families this festive season.
Natasha Thatcher, manager of the Broad Street store, said: “People have been amazingly generous – but there’s still time to make a difference for some children who will otherwise have very little this Christmas.
“Toys, cuddlies, games, puzzles – they’re all helping to fill our Santa’s Suitcase; we just want to help as many families as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
The appeal is being run in conjunction with the Ormiston Children and Families Trust at March, who will identify vulnerable families and deliver your gifts in time for Christmas.
Cambs Times Editor John Elworthy said: “Our readers have been superb in supporting this year’s appeal.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
“With one last final push we can really make this a memorable Christmas.”
For health and safety reasons, all donated toys must be new, and delivered to the Broad Street branch by 5pm on Saturday.