Saturday Café event in Wisbech is first of a number of events where people can air their views
Following the article headlined online: The biggest day to give people a chance to air problems with the NHS has been booked - for the same day as the Rose Fair in Wisbech.
I would like explain the purpose of the event Fit For the Future – Shaping Local NHS Services Saturday Café we are holding tomorrow in Wisbech Library.
The café is part of series of events being held across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough to raise awareness and gather people’s feedback on the challenges our local health system faces. Local health organisations and partners are working together with residents to look at the way health services are organised and to begin to develop ideas to address the challenges we are all facing.
The meeting on Saturday is the first of a number of meetings we intend to hold in Wisbech over the next six to nine months. It is not a formal public consultation meeting, but an opportunity for people to come and talk informally about their views.
We are keen to hear people’s view, are inviting community groups to invite us to attend their meetings, and residents have the opportunity to join a public forum (Public Involvement Assembly).
You may also want to watch:
More information is available at www.cambridgeshireandpeterboroughccg.nhs.uk or by calling 01223 725304.
We hope that this busy day for Wisbech will mean that there are more people in town for the fair and that people might want to drop in any time to see us and share their views at Wisbech Library, from 10-noon.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
We will be holding more events and will be publicising these through the Wisbech Standard.
DR FIONA HEAD
Programme director, NHS System Transformation Programme