Saturday is the date for the 4th annual Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard Charity Fair
THE fourth annual Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard and Oliver Cromwell Hotel Charity Fair will take place on Saturday from 11am-4pm.
It is the first time the event will have been held on a Saturday and it will follow the big switch-on of the town’s Christmas lights tonight.
It is a big chance for organisations to boost their charity fundraising and all the stops are being pulled out to make it the best yet.
Always keen to lend massive support to the event, hotelier Rob Skoulding will provide a running hot buffet for visitors and he is making both reception rooms available for stalls.
All the tables for the charity fair have now been snapped up.
You may also want to watch:
We are pleased to welcome back regulars including the Friends of Doddington Hospital, RSPB and March and District Lions and look forward to meeting new organisations including Friends of Newton Church and Barnados. We also have the RSPCA, Fenland Mind, St John’s Church craft group, MS, and Facet. One surprise addition has been the machine knitting club who will make a donation from the day to charity.
A special attraction this year is a table for the Hearing Dogs, who will be bringing along a special puppy who is currently training.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 30 firefighters tackle A14 lorry blaze
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 7 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 8 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 9 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 10 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking for Christmas gift ideas- and to give a welcome boost to charities.
Councillor Andrew Pugh will open the fair at 11am.