Say cheese! 2013 Baby of the Year competition begins with studio at Audmoor House, March
- Credit: Archant
TYLER-JAMES, aged three months, smiles for our photographer today as the 2013 Baby of the Year competition opened for entries in March.
A photographer from the Portrait Group set up a studio at Audmoor House, at the front of the Oliver Cromwell Hotel, High Street, March, this morning - and she has been busy all day with many proud parents bringing their children along to have their photos taken.
The studio is open until Saturday February 9, from 10am-4pm each day. The competition is free to enter and photographs will be available to buy from the Portrait Group.
All the pictures taken will appear in our newspapers in the spring and readers will be able to vote for their favourite in each category. The winner in each group will be awarded a contemporary portrait, courtesy of the Portrait Group.
Almost 140 smiling babies graced the pages of our papers last year, as parents and carers flocked to our special studios to have their children’s photos taken at shoots in March and Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
The heart-warming images of smiling toddlers were also a big hit with readers across Fenland, with hundreds of votes flooding in to choose a winner in each age group.
There are again three categories in this year’s competition. They are: 0-18 months, 19-36 months and three to five years.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 7 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 8 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
Next month, the Portrait Group will set up a studio at the Co-operative Store in the Horsefair Shopping Centre, Wisbech. The studio will be open from 10am-4pm from Tuesday March 5 until Saturday March 9.