Scarecrows take over Friday Bridge and Elm
- Credit: Archant
A scarecrow competition and yard sale raised £476 for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Villagers turned out in force to clear their cupboards and decorate their gardens for the charity event that saw 17 people make scarecrows and around 70 people hold table top sales.
Janet Wardle, one of the event organisers, said: “It was a fantastic community event. It is the first time we have had the scarecrow feature so are pleased with how many people took part but already many more have pledged to make them next year.
“A lot of the scarecrows were carried up to the pub later that night as the winners were announced.”
Winner was Hazel Edwards from Well End, Friday Bridge, who received a cash prize of £25, which was presented to her at The Chequer Public House in Friday Bridge.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Barnwell, Auctioneer from Clifford Cross Auctions, said he judged the amount of time and effort that went into making the scarecrows, not the props that were set up with it.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital