Scary maybe but Fenland village hopes visitors will flock in
GOREFIELD Playing Field Association is holding its 3rd Annual Scarecrow Festival over the next three weeks.
Organisers are hoping to build on the success of the previous two events, the first of which attracted 29 entries rising to 38 last year.
The theme this year is ‘Cartoon Characters’ and the festival runs through till September 11.
Judges will be out during the week scoring the entries for, setting and visual impact, attention to detail and likeness to the theme character.
This year members of the public will also be able to judge and score the entries with their score being added to that of the Judges.
You may also want to watch:
The ‘Scarecrow Route’ which will start at the Playing Field, Wolf Lane will be open this Saturday and Sunday, August 28 and 29, from 10am till 4pm each day.
By following a marked route you will score each entry using the form provided which means that not only will you get to see all the entries but you also get to influence the final result.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 6 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 7 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 8 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
- 9 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
Those results and winners will be announced at the Annual Flower, Vegetable and Craft Show on Saturday September 4.
For more details on either the Scarecrow Route or the Annual Show please call Marie on 01945 410436