Scary maybe but Fenland village hopes visitors will flock in
GOREFIELD Playing Field Association is holding its 3rd Annual Scarecrow Festival over the next three weeks.
Organisers are hoping to build on the success of the previous two events, the first of which attracted 29 entries rising to 38 last year.
The theme this year is ‘Cartoon Characters’ and the festival runs through till September 11.
Judges will be out during the week scoring the entries for, setting and visual impact, attention to detail and likeness to the theme character.
This year members of the public will also be able to judge and score the entries with their score being added to that of the Judges.
The ‘Scarecrow Route’ which will start at the Playing Field, Wolf Lane will be open this Saturday and Sunday, August 28 and 29, from 10am till 4pm each day.
By following a marked route you will score each entry using the form provided which means that not only will you get to see all the entries but you also get to influence the final result.
- 1 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 8 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 9 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 10 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
Those results and winners will be announced at the Annual Flower, Vegetable and Craft Show on Saturday September 4.
For more details on either the Scarecrow Route or the Annual Show please call Marie on 01945 410436