Feel good iconic movie, School of Rock, comes to Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
The ultimate feel good show based on cult film, The School of Rock, is coming to Chatteris.
Students at Cromwell Community College are busy rehearsing for a two night run of the popular show.
Based on the film, and with what they say is a rocking new score from Andrew Lloyd Webber, School of Rock follows slacker Dewey Finn as he turns a class of A students into an ear-popping, riff-scorching, all-conquering rock band.
Originally played in the movie by Jack Black, it tells the story of how he is thrown out of his bar band and finds himself in desperate need of work.
Posing as a substitute music teacher at an elite private elementary school, he exposes his classical music loving students to the hard rock gods he idolises.
You may also want to watch:
As they prepare for the battle of the bands, can Dewey make them embrace the empowering message of rock?
The iconic, hit movie, turned musical will be performed to local primary school students and a school showing as well as two public performances.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
• The doors open on Tuesday 12 and Wednesday 13 December at 7.30pm. Tickets are £5 for adults and £3 for children.