School pupils create collage of their Fenland village for arts project
CHILDREN from a Fenland primary school recreated a part of their village using mostly recycled materials in a collage.
Pupils from Payne Primary School were inspired by their village and recreated Parson Drove through a collage made out of mostly recycled materials.
The children making the collage attend a Young Artists Creative Club after-school run by the arts organisation Atelier East.
Professional arts coordinator, Karen Fevyer, who leads the sessions said, “It’s been an absolute pleasure working with this group of Young Artists.
”It’s been great to see them develop their skills and their confidence, as well as make something lovely to share with their fellow pupils”.
You may also want to watch:
The projects aim is to encourage children to look at and enjoy their local environment and to take in what’s around them.
Atelier East are looking to expand the already successful after-school club programme and any Head teacher who is interested should contact Karen Harvey at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s