FORMER March Hereward School pupils who are celebrating their 80th birthdays this year have another reason to party. A school reunion is being planned for next month and organisers hope it will be as successful as the one held 10 years ago. The special lu
FORMER March Hereward School pupils who are celebrating their 80th birthdays this year have another reason to party.
A school reunion is being planned for next month and organisers hope it will be as successful as the one held 10 years ago.
The special lunch is being arranged at March's Oliver Cromwell Hotel on June 1.
Stella Clifton (nee Jackman) said: "There seems to be still quite a few of us around and it will be lovely to see everyone. We were not there for very long in those days because we went there when we were 11 and left when we were 14. It was a good school and we all enjoyed being there."
You may also want to watch:
The school was in Robingoodfellows Lane, with boys and girls taught separately. Mrs Clifton, of Elm Close, said: "We used to look through the fence at each other but we did get together for country dance classes."
Mrs Clifton's favourite lessons were maths and sports. "There were more than 30 in each class and we were put into 'A' and 'B' classes," she recalls. "I think we were a lot better mannered than children are today and we didn't cheek the teachers."
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
She urges anyone who has school memorabilia from that time to bring it to the reunion.
CONTACT: Stella Clifton on 01354 653685.