Rock comes to Chatteris thanks to show by students
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris students rocked the stage for their Christmas production this year.
Pupils played to packed out audiences when they performed the School of Rock over two evenings as well as musical sections performed for the schools final Christmas assembly.
Angela King, head of performance faculty, said: “On a chilly December evening Cromwell Community College warmed up their audience with an outstanding performance of School of Rock.
“Featuring 50 students ranging from Y7 to Y12, this was a fantastic, lively, entertaining show.
“It ran over two nights with a special primary school matinee for 150 visiting pupils from Glebelands, Kingfield and Thomas Eaton Primary Schools.”
You may also want to watch:
Based on the cult film and with a rocking new score from Andrew Lloyd Webber, School of Rock follows slacker Dewey Finn as he turns a class of straight A students into an ear-popping, riff-scorching, all-conquering rock band.
As they prepare for the Battle of the Bands, Dewey makes them embrace the empowering message of rock.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire