School’s tribute to popular Clare
ALL Saints primary school in March will be closed today (Friday) so staff can travel to the funeral of assistant headteacher, Clare Williams. Mrs Williams, 46, died at Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, last Friday after a suffering a brain haemorrhage. S
ALL Saints primary school in March will be closed today (Friday) so staff can travel to the funeral of assistant headteacher, Clare Williams.
Mrs Williams, 46, died at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, last Friday after a suffering a brain haemorrhage. She collapsed in the school staff room on September 8.
The funeral is being held in Chester, but there will also be a short service at St John's Church, March, at 9am today where there will be
scripture readings, music and an opportunity to light a candle in her memory.
Headteacher at All Saints, Rachel Voss, said: "The death of Mrs Williams was a tragedy not just for her family but for our whole school community. She was a much loved member of staff who touched the lives of hundreds of children during her time at All Saints.
"She had been teaching here since almost the beginning and was a huge part of the life of our school. We will celebrate her life and remember her with love."
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 6 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 7 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 8 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 Missing woman back home
A memory table has been set up at the school for children who want to leave flowers, and where they can write memories and prayers.
Mrs Voss said the staff were very grateful for all the support they had been given and wanted to thank everyone for their kind thoughts.
Mrs Williams, who set up, but recently sold, the Bluebell Day Nursery in Station Road, March, has two sons, Brendan and Tom.
A memorial service is being held later at Our Lady of Good Counsel Church, St John's Road, March.