School’s tribute to popular Clare
ALL Saints primary school in March will be closed today (Friday) so staff can travel to the funeral of assistant headteacher, Clare Williams. Mrs Williams, 46, died at Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, last Friday after a suffering a brain haemorrhage. S
ALL Saints primary school in March will be closed today (Friday) so staff can travel to the funeral of assistant headteacher, Clare Williams.
Mrs Williams, 46, died at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, last Friday after a suffering a brain haemorrhage. She collapsed in the school staff room on September 8.
The funeral is being held in Chester, but there will also be a short service at St John's Church, March, at 9am today where there will be
scripture readings, music and an opportunity to light a candle in her memory.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher at All Saints, Rachel Voss, said: "The death of Mrs Williams was a tragedy not just for her family but for our whole school community. She was a much loved member of staff who touched the lives of hundreds of children during her time at All Saints.
"She had been teaching here since almost the beginning and was a huge part of the life of our school. We will celebrate her life and remember her with love."
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
A memory table has been set up at the school for children who want to leave flowers, and where they can write memories and prayers.
Mrs Voss said the staff were very grateful for all the support they had been given and wanted to thank everyone for their kind thoughts.
Mrs Williams, who set up, but recently sold, the Bluebell Day Nursery in Station Road, March, has two sons, Brendan and Tom.
A memorial service is being held later at Our Lady of Good Counsel Church, St John's Road, March.