Man ‘attempted to engage girl, 10, in conversation’ outside primary school
- Credit: Archant
A man tried to engage two children - including a 10-year-old girl - in conversation on on two separate occasions outside a Fenland primary school.
Office staff at Burrowmoor Primary School in March warned parents following the incident which happened on Wednesday afternoon (March 11).
A letter to parents reads: 'We have received a report of a man standing in Gaul Road this afternoon at the end of the school day.
'He attempted to engage two girls in conversation in two separate occasions, both girls are safe.'
A school spokesman confirmed the incident was reported and the email was sent out to parents immediately and that they 'followed police advice and protocol'.
You may also want to watch:
The letter continues to say: 'We understand that the incident has been reported to the police but felt that parents needed to be aware of the incident.
'If you do see anything suspicious please report it to the police and to the school.'
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 10 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
Cambridgeshire Police said: 'We were called at 4.12pm yesterday afternoon (Wednesday) with reports of suspicious circumstances in Gaul Road, March.
'It was reported that a man tried to engage a 10-year-old girl in conversation.'