Schoolboy driver was asked to drive vehicle
A 15-year-old Manea schoolboy was stopped by police as he drove through Wisbech in a J-registered Ford Escort van in the early hours of the morning. Officers halted the vehicle at 1.40am in Coalwharf Road. He had been asked to go and collect something, h
A 15-year-old Manea schoolboy was stopped by police as he drove through Wisbech in a J-registered Ford Escort van in the early hours of the morning.
Officers halted the vehicle at 1.40am in Coalwharf Road.
"He had been asked to go and collect something, he did it as a favour," solicitor Anita Waterman told Fenland magistrates on Tuesday. "There was no criticism of his driving."
The teenager - who cannot be named due to a court order - admitted driving without insurance or a licence on August 16.
You may also want to watch:
He was fined £150 with £55 costs, and his driving record was endorsed with six points.
Stephen Elliott, 39, of The Hill, Christchurch, denied permitting the youngster to drive without insurance or a licence. He was given unconditional bail until a pre-trial review on October 24.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
MOTOR dealers Stebbings of King's Lynn reported a great response to its Mike Brewer Weekend, where the television presenter and Autoexpress columnist met many people. The £150 per day competitions with KLFM radio were won by Annamarie Carver of Hungate Road, Emneth, and Stephen Beckhouse of High Road, Wisbech St Mary.