Doctor Scott’s marathon raises £5,000 for Magpas Air Ambulance
- Credit: Scott Castell
A Magpas Air Ambulance doctor who ran the London Marathon on October 3 has raised £5,000 for the charity.
With the support of his family at the finish line, Scott marked the day as “unbelievable”.
“I felt like I was welling up as I came down the mall and into the last 400 metres and I was worried I might just burst into tears when I finished," he said.
“I was just smiling the whole way round despite the pain in my back and my legs.
"I couldn’t have been happier when my wife Hattie ran up to me at the end and said how proud she was of me.
You may also want to watch:
“I can’t believe how much I’ve raised and am so grateful for everyone’s support for myself and Magpas Air Ambulance."
To donate to Scott, visit his JustGiving page.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review