Scottish folk artist and BBC Radio 2 Folk Award nominee Emily Smith to perform in Ely
BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards nominee Emily Smith will be appearing at St Peter’s Church in Ely on Thursday, May 24.
Emily has been nominated to win awards as both Folk Singer of the Year, and for the Best Traditional Track of 2012.
From a rich song heritage from the Scottish travelling community, Emily’s latest album release Traivellers Joy continues to mark the ascent of this young Scottish artist on the UK folk scene.
Caroline Cawley, marketing manager for ADeC, who are promoting the event, said: “With refreshing re-interpretations and self penned songs, this is a great chance to catch her in this beautiful intimate venue.
“The acoustics in St peter’s Church are perfectly suited to the set Emily will be performing.”
You may also want to watch:
On line tickets can be bought through ADeC website www.adec.org.uk, by phoning 01353 616991 and in person from the Babylon Gallery at Waterside, Ely, and Burrows Bookshop in High Street Passage, Ely.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'