Charity rugby match for Scotty’s Little Soldiers
- Credit: Archant
Players travelled to March from across the country to take part in a rugby match to raise money for Scotty’s Little Soldiers.
Many of the Scotty’s Barbarians team members had taken part in a world record rugby attempt earlier this year and after a good battle on the pitch they beat the March Bears.
The day was organised by Tanya Porter who said it raised around £500 for the charity which supports families of service men and women.
The day included bouncy castles, stalls, a kick boxing demonstration and refreshments.
Tanya said: “it was a close call match but a great game, apart form when one of the Scotty’s team broke their ankle towards the end.
You may also want to watch:
“Luckily his girlfriend had travelled with him so could drive him back home to Wales.”
Thanks were sent to Revision Recruitment who sponsored the game and Bretts Transport for their use of their trailer.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack