Scrap vehicles and timber well alight by the time fire crews reach plant hire firm near Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
Scrap vehicles and timber were well alight when fire crews reached a plant hire firm near Whittlesey.
One crew from Stanground and one crew from Peterborough Volunteer Fire Brigade were called to a vehicle fire at Kerry Plant Hire, in Milk and Water Drove, Pondersbridge just before noon on Saturday.
A fire service spokesman said: “Four scrap vehicles and a quantity of timber was well alight.
“Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels to extinguish the fire.”
Crews returned to their stations by 1.35pm.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder