Search for Fenland’s young stars begins as nominations open for 2011 Kids Are Alright Challenge
FENLAND’S youngest unsung heroes are once again set to be placed in the spotlight as we launch the 2011 Kids Are Alright Challenge.
Nominations are now open for our campaign, which recognises the contributions of the many young people who serve our communities.
Now is your chance to help us reward the young individuals and groups who make Fenland a better place - with the first nominee named this week as 17-year-old Emma Butler from Wimblington.
We want to hear about the youngsters who go the extra mile for charity fund raising, those who have overcome personal obstacles to achieve success and those who give their time and energy to support local groups and organisations.
Over the first half of 2011, we will be reporting on a host of Fenland’s young stars - with a panel of judges picking the monthly winners, who will each receive �50 in high street vouchers.
Everyone featured in the paper will be given a certificate of commendation and will be invited to the culmination of the awards in July, where a grand final will be held at The Boathouse, in Wisbech. It is at this special event that the overall winner will be crowned, as chosen by a public vote.
To nominate a young individual or youth group, fill in the coupon on our website or in the paper. Alternatively, send brief details of your nomination via email to email@example.com
- 1 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 2 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 3 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 4 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 5 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 6 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 7 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 Gill ready to 'give fans a show' amid European title frustration
Put Kids Are Alright in the message line and be sure to include your contact details.