Search for Fenland’s young stars begins as nominations open for 2011 Kids Are Alright Challenge
FENLAND’S youngest unsung heroes are once again set to be placed in the spotlight as we launch the 2011 Kids Are Alright Challenge.
Nominations are now open for our campaign, which recognises the contributions of the many young people who serve our communities.
Now is your chance to help us reward the young individuals and groups who make Fenland a better place - with the first nominee named this week as 17-year-old Emma Butler from Wimblington.
We want to hear about the youngsters who go the extra mile for charity fund raising, those who have overcome personal obstacles to achieve success and those who give their time and energy to support local groups and organisations.
Over the first half of 2011, we will be reporting on a host of Fenland’s young stars - with a panel of judges picking the monthly winners, who will each receive �50 in high street vouchers.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone featured in the paper will be given a certificate of commendation and will be invited to the culmination of the awards in July, where a grand final will be held at The Boathouse, in Wisbech. It is at this special event that the overall winner will be crowned, as chosen by a public vote.
To nominate a young individual or youth group, fill in the coupon on our website or in the paper. Alternatively, send brief details of your nomination via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 8 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 9 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
Put Kids Are Alright in the message line and be sure to include your contact details.