Search teams pull body of missing woman from lake in Stretham
- Credit: Archant
THE body of a woman was pulled from a lake in Stretham on Sunday.
Concerns for the safety of the woman, who has yet to identified, were understood to have been reported to police at about 1.20pm after the dog she had been walking returned to the village without her.
The force helicopter was called shortly after 5pm to scour the fields around the village while Cambridgeshire Search and Rescue was also called to help aid the search.
The attentions of the emergency services were focussed on a lake near Holt Fen and a kayak team deployed onto the water discovered a body. They left the scene at about 8pm.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Constabulary said: “We were called to reports of concern for a woman in Streham on Sunday at 1.20pm.
You may also want to watch:
“An area search was carried out involving CamSar volunteers and a body was discovered in a nearby lake. The death is not being treated as suspicious and the file will be passed to the coroner.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip