Seasonal cheer makes March sparkle for best dressed shops and homes competition
- Credit: Archant
Businesses and home owners have pulled out all of the festive stops to make sure the town sparkles with seasonal cheer for the 2015 best dressed event.
Winner of the best Christmas window is Identity women’s clothes shop in High Street and winner of the small shop window is The Barbers Shop in Station Road.
The best dressed home belongs to Harold Arnold in Cavalry Drive with runners up a house on the corner of Robingoodfellows Lane and third prize going to a decorated mini also in Robingoodfellows Lane.
There were 16 homes to choose from in the contest.
Mayor councillor Rob Skoulding said: “All of the houses were brilliant and the sic judges have difficulty trying to pick out a winner.
“Congratulations to Mr Arnold, he was presented with a trophy which he is able to keep.”
The business winners were presented with a trophy which they get to keep for a year.
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 7 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 8 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 9 Church gets set for annual Christmas tree festival
- 10 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers