Seasonal fun could be good for your elf
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Wannabe elves and Santas are being called to check in with a charity to help out with fun seasonal roles over the Christmas period.
Papworth Trust are looking for Christmas volunteers who can spare some of their time to help out with in and around Cambridge.
This includes being a Santa or Elf at a Christmas Grotto.
Disability charity Papworth Trust has festive volunteering opportunities for people who have time and energy to spread some seasonal goodwill.
Opportunities include being a Santa or Elf at the Waresley Garden Centre Christmas Grotto on 24 November, and December 1, 15, and 22.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers must be friendly and confident to greet families, hand out presents, and pose for photos.
Successful applicants will need to do DBS and reference checks.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
There is bag packing at Asda in the Beehive Centre in Cambridge on December 15.
Christmas car parking at Downing College in Cambridge on December 21, 22 and 23. Volunteers are needed to man the car park, and collect donations.
“We are looking for friendly people who can spare a little bit of their time and would like to support Papworth Trust this Christmas,” said Mark Louisy, Volunteering Manager at Papworth Trust.
“If you fancy spreading some Christmas cheer and can give us an hour or two of your time, please get in touch. Our seasonal roles will be good fun – and if you fancy dressing up or donning a Santa’s hat, please feel welcome!
“All proceeds raised will go towards helping disabled people. We support people through a range of services, including support with care, leisure activities and practical help around the home.”
For more details or to volunteer, please phone the Trust’s volunteering team on 01480 357 200 or send them an email on email@example.com