Soaked stallholders who lost out on raising cash at March Summer Festival 2019 given second chance by Lions group
- Credit: Archant
Charity stall holders who missed out on raising cash at this year’s sodden March Summer Festival have given it another shot.
Members of March Lions thought it was unfair that the charities were rained out and gave them a free space to trade at one of their indoor fundraisers at the weekend.
Now with a roof over their hear, the charities - including Macmillan Cancer Support - gave it another go at the event at Mill View scout hall on Saturday, September 21.
A spokesman for March Lions said: "Due to the dreadful wet and windy weather at March Lions Gala many local charities saw significantly lower than normal income.
"As a result, we hired the scout hall in Mill View for the morning of Saturday, September 21.
You may also want to watch:
"Charities who had stalls at the gala were invited to run table-top stalls at the event.
"So, we encouraged the people of March to come along and support their local charities to ensure that they can continue to help more good causes.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
"Admission was free and refreshments were available."