Second fatal crash of 2011 on Fenland’s roads as police identify man who died in first crash
FENLAND’S roads last night claimed their second life of the new year - as police identified the man killed in the first crash less than 24 hours earlier in the same village.
Emergency crews were called yesterday at 4.30pm to the A1123 near Stretham after a black Ford Ka left the road.
The driver of the Ka - Richard John Bowles, 51, of St Martins Walk, Ely - died at the scene.
Police have today launched an appeal for information. Sgt Nigel Jennings said: “I would like to speak to anyone who saw the vehicle prior to leaving the road.”
The first collision, on the A1123 Newmarket Road close to the A10 juncttion, took place at about 5.35pm on Tuesday between a blue Peugeot 206 and a silver Ford Mondeo.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Peugeot died. He has today been identified by police as David Alexander Adams, 55, of Orchard Way, Cowbit, Lincolnshire.
A 33-year-old man from the Ely area, the driver of the Mondeo, suffered minor injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for treatment.
- 1 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 2 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 3 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 4 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 5 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 6 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 7 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Couple's puzzle library raises £2,000 for foodbank
- 10 Elections 2021: Polling Day across Cambridgeshire
Police have also appealed for witnesses to this collision to come forward.
CONTACT: Sgt Jennings at the roads policing unit on 0345 456 4564.