Second house fire on New Road in Chatteris in less than 24 hours
- Credit: Archant
A street in Chatteris has fallen victim to its second house fire in less than 24 hours.
At 2.24am, one crew from Chatteris and one crew from Manea were called to a fire on New Road.
Firefighters arrived to find a fire in the kitchen of a house.
Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and cleared the smoke using a positive pressure ventilation fan.
The crews returned to their stations by 3am.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire was accidental.
Yesterday morning, arsonists set fire to another house on the road.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
Anyone with information about that fire, which started at about 5.30am, should contact the police on 101 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.