Caught with drugs at Cambridgeshire music festival, judge jails offender from London to four years in prison
- Credit: Archant
A man has been sentenced to four years imprisonment after he was caught with more than £1,000 worth of cash and drugs at the Secret Garden Party in 2017.
Maxwell Silwano, 27, appeared at Cambridge Crown Court on Friday (25 January) after he was found guilty of numerous drugs offences.
The court heard how officers stopped him and two friends because they matched the description of three men who had stolen from a tent two days previous.
Silwano, of Lydford close, Hackney, had £350 worth of cocaine, £180 worth of ketamine, £160 worth of MDMA and £375 in cash. He was sentenced to three-and-a-half years imprisonment for two counts of possession of a class A drug with intent to supply and possession of a class B drug with intent to supply.
He was also handed an extra six months imprisonment, to run consecutively, for a conviction for possession of a knife in Wood Green, North London, and all the sentences will run consecutively with a four-year sentence he received for attempted robbery in November at Bristol Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Eliot Ducket said: “Drugs can have devastating effects on people’s lives and his sentence reflects how seriously we and the courts take offences like these.
“Silwano travelled up from London specifically to target festival goers and I hope this serves as a deterrent to anybody with similar ideas.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
The Secret Garden Party at Abbots Ripton near Huntingdon ran until 2017 when organisers decided not to continue with it.