Security is being stepped up around the Manor Leisure Centre to stamp out mindless vandalism around the site. Improved CCTV coverage is now provided on the site and private security staff have been drafted in at key times of the day and the Whittlesey Com
Security is being stepped up around the Manor Leisure Centre to stamp out mindless vandalism around the site.
Improved CCTV coverage is now provided on the site and private security staff have been drafted in at key times of the day and the Whittlesey Community Police Team are increasing their presence around the site to discourage vandals.
In a spate of vandalism one Friday night, nine windows were smashed and tennis court fencing and boards were damaged. There is also a litter problem associated with those people that congregate around the centre late at night.
The council is urging local people to call the police 0845 4564564 if they have any information about who is causing the damage.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Fred Yeulett, Portfolio Holder for Prevention Intervention and Enforcement, said: "Whoever is doing this is damaging a community facility and they must be caught. It is completely unacceptable that these much-used and much-loved facilities are under attack. I would urge members of the public to help leisure centre staff and police to catch whoever is doing this.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned