Seeking volunteers to ensure Whittlesey In Bloom can continue after successful first year
THIS year was the first that Whittlesey has entered the Anglia in Bloom competition.
I was approached by the parks and gardens manager at Fenland District Council about entering and I felt it right that we should be included as, up to now, Whittlesey was the only Town in Fenland not ‘In Bloom’.
I am delighted that at a first attempt we were awarded a Silver Award. Together with areas of achievement that were highlighted, areas for improvement were also given.
The first area is to set up an In Bloom committee and publicise achievements. Also, try to obtain sponsorship from businesses and involve more children and youth groups.
Individual projects can be included and if you are working on something please take photographs “before, during and after” which can be used to support the project and can be included in the portfolio for submission with the entry.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who cannot physically be involved but who would be interested in being on the In Bloom committee will also be welcomed.
If you feel you fit into any of these areas I would be delighted to hear from you. I can be contacted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01733 204944.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
I look forward to hearing from individuals, groups and businesses so that Whittlesey In Bloom can continue.
CLLR KAY MAYOR
Mayor of Whittlesey