Seems that the people of Whittlesey are being walked over again
HAVING just suffered a month of the B1040 wash road being closed, and the resulting nightmare that is the A605, I would like to ask what will happen when the proposed 460-home development and nursing home is built in Eastrea Road?
I estimate an extra 500-plus vehicles per day.
Also, now that ‘Supermarket-gate’ has finally been decided, how many more HGVs and cars are also going to be funnelled into Whittlesey?
Apart from the infrastructure being unable to stand any more (try parking, getting in a doctor’s surgery, etc), the town is heading for total gridlock when the wash road floods again.
I understand that the powers that be couldn’t care less that we spend hours trying to get to work and back home, it seems to me that the people of Whittlesey are being walked over again.
Well done Fenland planning.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Happy Hares boss confident more progress is yet to come
- 6 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 9 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series