Unlicensed and uninsured driver has BMW seized in March
- Credit: Twitter/@FenCops
An uninsured and unlicensed driver had their BMW seized by police in March overnight during extra patrols.
Officers were conducting patrols in the town on January 20 following a spate of criminal damage to vehicles in the West End, Grays Lane and Brooks Road area.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Neighbourhood officers have been targeting a spate of criminal damage to vehicles in March.
"During our proactive patrols we have stopped and seized a BMW being driven by an unlicenced and uninsured driver. Be naughty, get caughty."
Tyres were slashed on seven cars - and even a mobility scooter - in the West End area of March in just one night.
You may also want to watch:
One resident, who doesn't wish to be named, said the "mindless" damage to vehicles took place on cars parked on the road and on two driveways.
"At first I just thought my tyres had been let down, but when I looked closer, I could see they had been stabbed several times," she said.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Have your say on new political map for Fenland council
"I was told that even the tyres on a mobility scooter had been slashed.
"It's reckless, mindless and very dangerous."