Sell your gardening goodies for free at a produce market in March
- Credit: Archant
GARDENERS are invited to bring their goodies to sell at a monthly produce market being launched at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March.
Green fingered fans can bring their fruit, vegetables, flowers and plants and set up stall for free in a bid to encourage people to find a good home for surplus home grown produce.
The first monthly market will take place on Sunday 28 July from 10-2.
Hotel manager Rob Skoulding said he had been chatting to an allotment owner when the idea was born.
“We spoke about the amount of goods that were wasted which is a real shame. This way people can sell their produce and shoppers can get some good quality, locally grown goods.”
You may also want to watch:
People must bring their own tables.
To book a stall call 01354-602890.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack